THE MORNING AFTER

Filed Under (,,,,,, ) by whitaker imagery on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Posted at : 8:47 AM

Here is what is sure to be the first in a long line of Maine beach-themed blog posts throughout this summer.  This particular set is from the morning after my sister's wedding and takes place at the very beach she met her husband while lifeguarding - Ogunquit. Nope, it's not one of those super romantic stories where she saved him from drowning.  Quite simply, he was sort of her boss. But really, this morning wasn't about her.Ever since I was little, I have loved the ocean and in my adult life share it with my kids as much as possible. 


So, the morning after the wedding before our hotel checkout, and after continental breakfast, a short stroll to the beach was in order.  Off we went with cousin Charlie and his little guy 'T' in tow.


Of course, I wandered toward the water before everyone else, but soon made T join me in getting our toes a little wet.


Mak and Hannah searched for shells...


...and then I taught T how to chase the seagulls.

 He got a little carried away....

 ...and then his dad had to chase him.

T loves the ocean too and had a little father/son moment while Charlie took him to dip his toes again...
...but still kept his eyes on the seagull.
A beautiful morning after a beautiful wedding the evening before.  And it ended with this super sweet moment between cousins.

3 comments:

Ryan J. Moore Photography said...

I love ogunquit beach...and wells beach...and well beaches in general. Great post deb!!

Paul Hayford said...

I agree with Ryan wholeheartedly! LOVE the beach pics. We had a shoot last fall at Wells beach, what a fantastic place.

Thank you Deb for putting up some fantastic shots!

Alison Douglass said...

Love these Deb!!! :) Perfect way to spend the morning.

Post a Comment