LIFE UNCOMPLICATED

Filed Under (,,,, ) by whitaker imagery on Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Posted at : 8:11 AM


An agreement was recently made.  You shoot me.  I shoot you. This of course is photographer talk for "we harp on everyone else about the importance of family photographs, now what are we gonna do about it."

She goes first.

She is none other than my fantastic second shooter and amazing friend, Alison Douglass of Alison Douglass Photography. And in a Douglass family session there will most definitely be a He, and let's throw a couple of offspring in the mix while we are at it.  We'll call them G and E.

He makes She laugh.

We are all for being non-traditional, but sometimes it is just nice to squeeze a little tradition in here and there. Speaking in terms of posing of course.  But what a great way to introduce G and E.


I am often reminded that G and E are tough cookies to crack.  Yes, the children of photographers often offer the least in cooperation when it comes to smiling.  Lucky for me G and E promised they would be good for me and only me.

Aaah, the curiosity of a boy...

...and the stunning beauty behind the glistening of a young girl's eyes.

One of my favorite things about this family is that they rarely forget how to keep life simple.  They may all have their own crazy schedules with work and sports and doing things for themselves, but they manage to stay grounded and always remember to say "I love you" and give an extra smooch and hug here and there.

Need a head start adding simplicity to your own life?  Start with laughter.  Find hilarity in the randomest of places.

Admire nature even if it scares the crap out of you.  Then get dad to step on it.

Hold hands and live in the moment.

Love each other more.



When She says "wanna make out under that cool tree over there?" Say yes.

And then make her laugh some more.


Be amazed at the little lives you have created...






















...and learn from their simple amusements.

Last but not least, walk into every sunset hand in hand.

7 comments:

Alison Douglass said...

Deb, I LOVE them, thank you so very much! We had such a good time and your words fit so very well. We have learned how to celebrate what is really important and you captured that so well. Can't wait to turn the table my friend!!!!!

Lee Weber said...

ooooooooooooooooooooo, lovely!!!!! great pix, great post. I need to take some of your advice!!

whitaker imagery said...

me too, Lee :)

Alison's Dad said...

You captured my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren magnificently and your words ring so true! Time & again, I marvel at their amazing fit and the love and exuberance of their family life and most of all their laughter and joy. Thanks for seeing that in your photos.

Jason said...

Thank you Deb these came out awesome. We have learned to live life as uncomplicated as we can and you managed to capture us all very well. Thanks again can't wait to see your shoot.

Ryan J. Moore Photography said...

Love love love it!! I think you captured them all perfectly!! Very awesome job Deb!!

bobbi said...

1. GORGEOUS family
2. Alison, are you KIDDING me with that hotness?!
3. Nice images :)

Post a Comment