MOMENT OF REFLECTION

Filed Under (,, ) by whitaker imagery on Sunday, August 8, 2010

Posted at : 6:25 AM

Yeah, I have been a little MIA on the blog for a couple days.  But with good reason.  No new sessions to blog, but there is a nice full schedule booked in the week ahead, so get ready for a little of everything.  What's to come? Oh let's see....a couple senior sessions, a fun session in an amazing bar setting, a wedding, family session and a maternity session.  Yep, lots to come.  But for this weekend the camera is staying a little quiet.

And here is the reason why.

The sad reality is that summer is coming to an end.  The great thing is that the cool and crispness of fall is right around the corner.  One more fact: This is the busiest time of my year. This is the time when I put all my organization, leadership and teaching skills to the test.  As a volunteer with our local recreation club, I and my amazing co-director direct and the youth cheering program for the club.  So in addition to being mom, wife, student and photographer, in the fall I add this huge responsibility into an already busy schedule.  Why do I do it?  Well, go back and look at that picture again.  See that amazing smile on the cute little blonde on the right?  Yep, that's my Miss M, two years ago!  When I see that smile and the camaraderie she has developed with her friends, it makes everything I do all worth it.

P.S. Yes, cheering is also the event that has consumed my weekend...thus the inspiration for this post.  And I could not be more proud of all the girls have learned in just one simple weekend of Youth Cheer Camp.

*Image courtesy of another cheering mom:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment