PICK-UP LINES

Filed Under (,,, ) by whitaker imagery on Thursday, August 12, 2010

Posted at : 4:42 AM

So, I get this email a week or so ago.  She saw these images hanging someplace during a visit to Hilton Head. One canvas a woman.  The other a man.  They were in a bar. He looking to "pick-up" She. Beautiful bar.  A little bit of mystery and ambiance to the images.  Diane wanted to recreate these.  In a bar.  Um, yes please!

The first bar Diane suggested was the Gin Mill in Augusta.  Perfect.  Would the owner go for it? Would he think we were crazy?  Well since said owner is only the friendliest and most outgoing restaurateur and bar owner you will ever meet, Patrick Quigg, yeah no problem at all.  See, the Gin Mill is this awesome bar with a cozy jazzy meets the 1940s vibe and was the perfect backdrop for the look we were going for.  The Mill is also closed Sunday through Wednesday, but available to rent for private parties.  Or seductive photo shoots:)

Now that you've got the low down...here we go. Let's start with the overall layout of the space to give you a general idea of the setting.
I am always up for a challenge and working with the low lighting was definitely a challenge.  Pair that with doing everything I could to match the client's vision with the clues she gave me and I really hope I got this close.  He. She. In a bar.  He wants to take her home.
And while we're at it....did you notice those martinis?!  Yep, totally fake and courtesy of Mr Quigg himself.  Not only did these clients bring their fun and creativity to the session, but Patrick totally got into helping to make the scene even more real. And speaking of real.  Diane also goes by G-G.  Yes, that is what her grandchildren call her.  Grandchildren!  Are you kidding me?
I know. I know.  You are all caught up in the suspense.  Did the guy get the girl?  Well, they flirted for a bit...
...and then....of course He took She home.  I love happy endings!
Wait...let's make this ending even happier.  How 'bout a little bar detail to leave things extra cheery....
Many thanks to Patrick at The Gin Mill for making this session possible. To Diane for trusting me with her ideas. And to Mark for being such a great guy and playing along.  I hope I came close to what you were looking for.  There are plenty more images to come in your full gallery soon!

4 comments:

UR BFF said...

That is awesome! I bet Patrick is so impressed, you did an amazing job! And the clients should be blown away :)

Christine said...

My sister works there!! Great pics Deb!!

Diane said...

Love it Deb! Great work! I'm so proud of you!

pick up lines for girls said...

Love your blog.

Post a Comment